Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reading about all the different learning styles has not changed my view of how I learn at all. I had to do a study in my undergrad on the same ideas and my ideas have not been effected at all by this course. I currently do not believe my view has change from then although almost 6 years ago studying these same theories. I do think the only difference was given the freedom to learn what was needed and not having it forced to believe what the professor believed.
Although I reread every theory, and attempted to apply it to my life and thoughts, many did not apply.  I strongly believe in multiple intelligences and right brain left brain theories. This also includes whole brain thoughts.  As a child that uses both hands, i am a strong believer in whole brain theory.  According to Sperry's research the brain is split into two sides with each having specialties. These specialties are split between languages to emotions and how to read emotions. These ideas fall along the lines of many individuals (Morris 2007). I have students in my own classrooms over the years that have fallen directly into these categories. I also fall into many of these categories and how they interact. Although, I can read emotions clearly, I struggle with geometric mathematics.
As for technology, over the years technology has become a huge part of my learning, from using my smart phone for calendar, memory, email, and other gps, my kindle for reading, or the internet for research, technology is everyday in my learning and daily life. I am also a blogger for my classroom, use digital camera and video camera. Technology also is important for education to stay connected with students. Students want the latest and newest thing, its part of the ever changing world.



References:

Armstrong, Thomas (2010) Multiple Intelligences Retrieved from: http://www.thomasarmstrong.com/multiple_intelligences.php

Morris, Rich (2007) Left Brain, Right Brain, Whole Brain? An examination into the theory of brain lateralization, learning styles, and the implications of education. Retrieved from http://www.singsurf.org/brain/rightbrain.php

No comments:

Post a Comment